Senior Costs Consultant, LLB (Hons)
Joe is based in our Sydney office and has 10 years’ experience in legal costs.
As a Costs Lawyer qualified in England and Wales, Joe previously headed up the London office of a costs practice comprising 10 costs lawyers and professional support staff. This role involved being the lead advocate for the office as well as providing costs advice and he was also asked to assist the Competition and Markets Authority in their 2016 legal services market study report.
Joe has been instructed in respect of costs in a range of commercial litigation cases within NSW, Victoria and Queensland. In addition, Joe has been instructed on costs matters arising from the DDT and the Land Environment Court.
Joe’s current work mix includes;
- Legal costs auditing
- Security for Costs Applications
- Preparation of Bills of Costs, Notice of Objection and Submissions in Response
- Providing CLEs to clients
Joe is also currently undertaking his Diploma in Law, enabling his admission as a solicitor to the NSW Supreme Court.
Notable cases instructed on in respect of costs:
– Kagalovsky v Balmore Invest  EWHC 1337 (QB) (13 May 2015)
– Caldero Trading Ltd v Beppler & Jacobson Ltd and others  EWCA Civ 935
– Car Craft Test Centre and John Martin v Kirsty Trotman and Advantage Insurance Company (2017) unreported, Stoke County Court, DJ Etherington, 3 February 2017.